Monitoring and Study of the Biological Properties of Bacteria - Pathogens of Foodborne Disease in Comparative Perspective
Given the high level of risk in relation to nutritional diseases, the UN established an international program of FAO / WHO food safety. Particular emphasis is placed on the requirements for food quality control with regard to contamination by microorganisms (toxic infections). Will obtain a system of disease surveillance, which allows to predict the development of population data of pathogens depending on changes in a number of factors (climate, ecology, human activities, etc..) study examined cultural-morphological and biochemical and molecular biology properties.
Innovation aspects and main advantages
- Determining the antagonistic action of probiotic strains on Salmonella, Listeria, Yersinia, Campylobacter, E.coli isolates in order to create an effective probiotic preparations.
- Study of the interaction of nanoparticles (of different origin) and bacteries.
- Development of effective vaccines for the prevention Escherichiosis in animals and birds on the base of adhesion factors.
- Establish of production of bacteriophage preparations.
(There are strains of E.coli, Salmonella on the basis of which bacteriophage means was produced in the USSR)
Areas of Application
- veterinary and humane medicine
- laboratory diagnostics
Yersinia enterocoliticа. Growth on Endo agar
Yersinia enterocoliticа. Smear microscopy (Gram).
Stage of Development
PCR test for the detection and RECIRCULATION intrapartum differentiation of bacteria of Listeria species on monocytogenes, ivanovii, seeligeri, innocua, grayi, murrayi - clinical trials;
PCR test for the detection and RECIRCULATION intrapartum differentiation of bacteria of the types Campylobakter coli, lari, jejuni - clinical trials4
PCR test for the detection and intrapartum differentiation of bacteria of the types Yersinia enterocolitica, pseudotuberculosis, pestis - clinical trials
☞ Liliia Vygovska, DVM, PhD, Senior Researcher
Organization: State Scientific Control Institute of Biotechnology and Strains of Microorganisms
Adress: 30, Donetska Str., Kyiv, 03151, Ukraine
☎ 38(044) 245-76-08