Unigue VisionAid' Bio-Photonic Treatment for Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
Age related macular degeneration (AMD) is the most common cause of blindness and vision impairment for people aged 60 years and over. AMD appears among 5% of the Caucasian population. The risk of AMD increases from age 50.
AMD comes in two forms: wet and dry. Dry form is the main cause of loss of sight from AMD. Dry Form AMD represents 90% of the total cases of AMD.
Innovative new system for AMD Treatment based on monochromatic Low Light Therapy
- Low-level monochromatic light induces a restorative effect on the disease-affected tissue;
- AMD SpecraLight Therapy controls the disease and prevents it from spreading further;
- AMD SpectraLight uses trans-pupilary macula irradiation with a calculated sub-threshold dose of monochromatic light;
- AMD SpectraLight has been used successfully with hundreds of patients and it is a safe therapy for AMD;
- Wavelength, energy, exposure and mode of irradiation, all constitute critical parameters of the clinical treatment protocol.
The technology, device and protocols developed are the outcome of over 20 years of progress in experimental research on blindness and The AMD SpectraLight System operates with excellent results currently at the Medical Eye Clinic of Microsurgery in Kiyv, Ukraine.
No Treatment available for dry AMD
To-date there is no known medical treatment that can prevent, stop or reverse the progressive course of loss of vision caused by dry AMD. No specific surgical, pharmaceutical or other medical treatment path exists to restore AMDimpaired, vision. Some medications only attempt to slow-down the progress of the Dry AMD. Vision Aid
Professor Andriy Sergienko, Olexandr Pekaryk