Biostimulants (Plant growth regulators) of Agrobiotech Center
To see additional Agrobiotech technology click here
Biostimulants are substances, including microorganisms, that are applied to plant, seed, soil or other growing media that may enhance the plant's ability to assimilate applied nutrients, or provide benefits to plant development. Biostimulants are not plant nutrients and therefore may not make any nutrient claims or guarantees.
These products are equal to the best world plant-protecting agents in biological efficiency and surpass them in ecological safety and cost per hectare of crops. This is due to increase of plant immunity and decrease in mutagen effect of pesticides and other pollutants, including ions of heavy metals and radionuclides.
See video about Agrobiotech:
Innovative Aspect and Main Advantages
Advantages of biostimulants of the ISTC Agrobiotech of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine:
- Technologies of application do not need additional costs for application; products are applied jointly with pesticides and liquid fertilizers.
- Decrease of the rates of pesticides application by 15-20 % due to increase of plant immunity, best nutrients penetration and their fixation.
- Optimization of seeding rate, increase in field germination, development of more powerful root system.
- Guaranteed increase in productivity by 15-30%with reducing expenses.
- Reduction in concentration of heavy metals and radionuclides. Biostimulants application is obligatory in contaminated territories.
- Decrease of mutagenesis caused by pesticides and other anthropogenous factors, better preservation of plant genetic resources.
- Efforts of experts from more than 30 research institutions of different countries have been used for development of our biostimulants.
Areas of Application
Stage of Development
Wide application of Agrobiotech’s biostimulants:
- Ukraine: Agrobiotech s products have passed wide research and industrial tests and are applied in many regions of Ukraine – on 28 thousand hectares in Odessa region, on 40 thousand hectares in Khmelnitskiy region, etc.
- Belarus: Our preparations are registered in Belarus and widely applied in 6 regions of this country on 96 thousand hectares in cultivation of the basic agricultural crops.
- Russia: Biostimulant Agropon C is registered and applied on 23 cultures in the Russian Federation.
- Germany: Product Agrostimulin is applied in Germany in 33 farms. Farmers during 6 years reduce rates of fertilizers application by 20% without yield decrease due to increased content of phosphate-mobilizing bacteria by 28%, nitrogen-fixing bacteria by 36% and humus content by 2.1% in soil.
- China: Seven-year tests of Emistim C in 17 provinces on 23 thousand hectares in China have shown its high efficiency (average increase of wheat and rice grain is 10-11%), that has allowed to obtain registration of that natural biostimulant for application on winter wheat, rice, corn and soybean.
- wide assortment of products in convenient packages;
- high quality production, its originality;
- scientific support services;
- supply with information, consulting services.
Dr. Ponomarenko Sergiy P.
Organization: State Enterprise ISTC Agrobiotech of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine
50, Kharkivske shose, Kyiv, 02160 Ukraine.
Phone/Fax +380-44-559-66-17, 558-07-10.